Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Colton's Math Scrabble

Colton went with me to the calf call. he likes to go along and help out. Kaci and McKay would really love to go too, they beg me everytime I leave. They say they will help with the baby calves and are sad when they don't get to go. It's hard for them to understand why Colton gets to go and they have to stay home. Anyways, on the way home Colton said he thought of a new game at school today.

I asked him what the game was and he said it is like scrabble, but with "math facts" instead of words. You can use numbers like 1+1=2 and then add onto one of those numbers with a +, -, or x. Kari, Colton, and I played one game and it is pretty cool that he thought it up. I don't know if it will ever hit the shelves of Wal Mart though.

3 comments:

jlbunting.com said...

That looks like a fun game. I'm not surprised Colton thought of it, he is very smart. Is he getting better at math now?
Thanks for all your posts, Josh, it's fun to hear how things are going.
Love, Becky

Holly said...

Colton is already above me grade level! Slow down Colton!

Josh & Kari said...

He is getting alot better at math, he really likes it, but it is not always easy for him, it is a challenge which he doesn't always want to take. his teacher keeps giving his work that is hard for him. He's doing real good at it all. What are your thoughts on skipping a grade? I am not for it. Let me know.josh

Old Family Picture

Old Family Picture