Friday, July 18, 2008

A 4th of July to Remember

On the night of the 2nd of July Josh and the kids decided to go camping. So Josh set out a tent and slept outside with the kids. They had a great time, but when McKay woke up the next morning she had a little bite under her right eye. It was already starting to swell, and with our history I wasn't taking any chances, so I took her right to the doctor. It was getting larger by the hour, and of course the only doctor I could get in to see was the one I haven't had good experiences with. Luckily this is her last month here because she has been unable to pass her board exams!!! (She told us that herself!) Her sole purpose in life seems to be to prove to the parents that they are wrong! GRRRRR! So of course she said it was just a bite an to give her some benadryl. Throughout the day it just kept getting bigger, so I called the Dr. back and they said they were swamped and that I would have to go to the ER. Well we were on our way to the swim park, so we decided to see if the cool water would help any, then take to the ER. By the time we made it back into the ER she looked deformed, her whole face was swollen and her eye was almost swollen shut. Poor McKay.




The DR at the ER gave her some good drugs to help with the swelling and started her on some good antibiotics. It still continued to get worse and by the morning of the 4th her eye was swollen shut. It was until that evening before we could notice that it was getting better.









While we were in the ER waiting for the Dr. Josh was asking McKay all kinds of questions. One question he asked, " If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go!" McKay was quiet for a while and then sadly said, "To my Kaci!" (Who had gone to the hotel with Grandma and Grandpa Anderson.)

9 comments:

Zach said...

Wow Mckay, that looks like it hurt. I am glad you are ok. Abby can't wait to see you and your brother and sisters.

andreamichelle said...

poor McKay!! Do you know what it was that bit her? I'm glad she's doing better. That is cute that she wanted to be with her sister.

jlbunting.com said...

You guys like going to the hospital way too much. Take care of yourselves! I miss you! Everyone looks so grown up and adorable. I hear you are staying after the reunion at mom and dad's, we will be there on Monday and Tuesday as well. I am so excited!

jlbunting.com said...

p.s. I want my Kaci - that is the most adorable thing I've heard all day. They are so lucky to have each other.

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Kayletta I'm sure glad your eye is better now! Grandpa and I had lots of fun at your house! We are excited to see all of you this weekend! Love, Grandma

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Hi Kaci! You look cute in these pictures! We love you. Grandma and Grandpa

nickandhil'sfamily said...

Cute blog! I see what you mean about Mckay's eye looking a lot better when we saw her. I got a kick out of reading your posts and added you on my page!

Polkowske Fam said...

Wow Kari, you are amazing! I read through some of your past blogs, and I laughed through the "Dad" one from Josh...I could picture the whole thing :) Anyway, I found your blog from Hil, and I would like to invite you to mine, but I need your e-mail, so send me it at tpolkowske@gmail.com, and I will invite you. By the way, I hope McKay is feeling better...doctors can be sooo frustrating sometimes! Have a great summer! Polkowskes

Charlotte & Dustin said...

Poor thing! Hope its all healed now.

Old Family Picture

Old Family Picture